I Used to Be a Human Being
Read how journalist Andrew Sullivan discovered meditation as an escape from information addiction and a return to sanity.
Shambhala: What is it?
- Meditation practice is at the heart of all we do.
- The complete Shambhala Path of Practice and Study,
- The Way of Shambhala presents the curriculum of local classes and programs that are part of the Shambhala Path.
- How Shambhala manifests in the contemplative arts.
- Shambhala is worldwide.
- What it means to be a member.
Receive Center news
Subscribe to receive messages about Shambhala Center news and events
Politics left you discombobulated?
Free instruction: Tuesdays at 7:00pm with Open House talk following.
Saturdays at 9:00am with Cafe Shambhala following.
Sunday, December 18, 2-4pm. For your children, grandchildren or your own inner child.
Children’s Day was established in 1978 by Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche. Please join us as we celebrate by creating a special lighted children’s shrine, listening to stories, and receiving a blessing by our Children’s Day King and Queen. Click here to learn more and to register.
Windhorse Retreat Center
Windhorse is the only Shambhala retreat center in the Midwest and is just 50 minutes north of Milwaukee. Located in a beautiful glacial area adjacent to the 15,000-acre Kettle Moraine State Forest, it offers an array of programs, solo and group retreats and rental opportunities for outside groups.